The winners were honored at a luncheon on October 27th at the Capital City Club where Jim Newsome III, president and CEO of the SC Ports Authority, was the keynote speaker.
The SC Economic Impact Award, sponsored by BMW Manufacturing Co., is one of the most prestigious award recognitions that a company can receive. It recognizes companies in the Palmetto State whose activities have produced extraordinary results. The South Carolina Economic Impact Award recipient is Milliken & Company (Spartanburg).
The SC Excellence in Business Awards are companies which represent the exceptional work recorded across the state of South Carolina through revenue growth, longevity of its employees, longevity of its clients/customers and community outreach.
SC Excellence in Business Award recipients:
Revenue – JEAR Logistics (Greenville)
Philanthropy – Defender Services (Hopkins)
Client Retention – New South Construction Supply (Greenville)
Employee Retention – McMillan Pazdan Smith (Greenville)
The Rising Star Award recognizes a company that is establishing itself in the Palmetto State and a company to watch for its future activities. This year’s Rising Star is Palmetto Technology Group (Greenville).
To be eligible for the SC 25 Fastest Growing Companies Award, the company must be headquartered in South Carolina and be in business for at least three years and show revenues of more than $3 million in the last fiscal year. The companies are selected using a calculation based on year-over-year growth of revenue and employee headcount over the last three years (2017, 2018 and 2019).
The SC 25 Fastest Growing Companies, in rank order are:
- MedTrust Holdings, Inc., Hanahan
- Logisticus Group, Greenville
- Adapt Forward, North Charleston
- Clear Touch Interactive, Greenville
- Sunny Days Entertainment, LLC, Simpsonville
- Lima One Capital, Greenville
- Integrated Biometrics, Spartanburg
- Preferred Home Services, North Charleston
- Plus-Plus USA, Greenville
- Intellectual Capitol, Greenville
- Diesel Laptops, Irmo
- Kopis, Greenville
- Langston Construction Company of Piedmont, Piedmont
- Hunter Quinn Homes, Mt. Pleasant
- Cantey Foundation Specialists, Camden
- Cantey Tech Consulting, North Charleston
- Jeff Cook Enterprises LLC, North Charleston
- Frampton Construction, Ladson
- Equiscript, North Charleston
- Perceptive Recruiting, Travelers Rest
- Holt Consulting Company, Columbia
- J. Musselman Construction, Inc, Charleston
- RealOp Investments, Greenville
- Capital Wastes Services, Columbia
- JEAR Logistics, Mt. Pleasant